Let's take a look and I'll talk about the changes and the reasoning behind them!
|Ambient Occlusion multiview|
-Ditched the V tail for a regular single fin tail, just sloped back a bit.
- It looked cool in the blueprint, but ultimately didn't seem to fit into the design.
-Ditched the Big wing mounted engines for some intakes feeding into a single fuselage mounted engine.
- Again, looked cool, but for a fighter/interceptor, it was just too bulky feeling.
-Changed the cockpit to something a bit more aerodynamic (and almost like an A-wing cockpit)
- This was more of a happy accident, I tried to make a bubble cockpit like the Spitfires, but happened upon something that looked and fit better with the design.
-Added more details here and there (including a pilot!)
- Details are the spice of life!
After I had those changes, I decided it was time to texture! I used a late war colour-scheme on the SnapDragon and ran with it.
|Textured/Ambient Occlusion multiview|
As you can see, it didn't turn out all that bad!
After the SnapDragon had been textured and refined here and there, I deemed the project done and started to work on a few other things to make it better and more real. Such as making a separate model with landing gear, which you can see below.
|A Landed SnapDragon on a runway.|
|Fake Black and White Photograph.|
|SnapDragons flying above the clouds.|