Sunday 8 July 2012

Get out of here S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

   No, no. You can stay! It's a fairly iconic line of dialogue mentioned (a number of times) in GSC Gameworlds cult hit/smash/epic, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl. As I'll tell you now, I've have been playing a fair amount of that series in the past week and it's carried over into the 3D world!

   First up is a render of some Pripyat apartment blocks based on a photo I found while surfing Google. I think these turned out fairly well!

The Grass is done using a colour image and an alpha image on a plane and then have it duplicated and spun a couple degrees. Same with the Trees

   After I was pleased and happy with the results I took that image into Photoshop and did a bit of tweaking and editing until I got to this image!


Old Timey filters and distance blur added, plus a bit of fiddling with the Levels.

   Once I was happy with that I went ahead and did some more searching on Google for a Radiation sign and the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat game logo. Once I had those elements, it was a short time later that I came up with this, the finished product!

I'd say that's none to shabby!

   So, I had done that up after I had completed Call of Pripyat...So, in keeping with the theme of doing something like that after finishing a game...I did up a Desktop Wallpaper for Shadow of Chernobyl as well!

All Photoshop using real world photographs!
   As you can tell by the caption, that's all Photoshop. Showing off what I can do with it might help one day in getting a job...but we'll see! Never hurts to show off your skills!

Until next time!

Enjoy and don't hesitate to comment!



No comments:

Post a Comment